Effective Date: November 7th, 2022
- Types of Personal Information We Collect
When you browse or make a purchase through the Site and/or use the Services, we may collect the following categories and types of “Personal Information”:
- Order and Account information: first and last name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, phone number and login credentials (i.e., a unique user name and password);
- Other identifying Information: IP address;
- Demographic information: gender and age;
- Geolocation data;
- Internet or other electronic activity: your browsing and click history, including information about how you interact with the Site and Services and which elements of our Site and Services you use the most;
- Third Party Platform Information: If you access the Services by logging in using your account credentials from a Third Party Platform, post content from our Site or Services to a social network, or use various social media features (e.g., “Like” button), we may process certain information from the Third Party Platform, such as your username, “likes”, location, birthday, check-ins, comments and reviews, direct messages you may send to us, interests, photos, friends, status updates and other information you provided to the Third Party Platform in connection with your account. Depending on your account and privacy settings, we may also be able to see information that you post when using these Third Party Platforms whether or not you are using our Services;
- Personal Data You Choose to Provide for Marketing or Additional Services: personal data, such as your name, email address, mailing address, gender, interests and phone number, that you choose to provide to when you elect to participate in optional Site-features or Services (e.g., if you sign up to receive newsletters, marketing emails, promotions or other communications regarding the Services and/or promotions, participate in contests, surveys and other promotions related to the Services);
- Comments, Feedback, Customer Service and Other Inquires: information you submit, post or provide if you contact us with questions you may have Services, provide us with comments and or feedback about the Services (e.g., completing a “Contact Us” form on our Site or reviews relating to your product purchases) or to communicate with other users of the Services and post comments to or otherwise interact with certain aspects of the Services that are available to the public and/or other users. In the event you contact one of our customer call centers, we may process information related to conversations, including recording or monitoring customer service calls for quality assurance and training purposes, and to verify your identity;
- Commercial information: the Products, Services, or content you purchase and/or view using the Services; and
- How We Use Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the following categories of use:
- Transactional Purposes: We use your order and account information, information provided to customer service or as part of any inquiry, and commercial information to:
- Process payment and order information for Products and Services requested and/or sold on the Site, including for our accounting, auditing or other internal functions, fulfilling orders, and to offer you an overview of your transactional history;
- Process, confirm, manage and administer your account registration if you register for an account, including sending you transaction-related emails for such things as account verification, and purchase, shipping, and billing confirmation;
- To communicate with you about your account, orders, transactions, the Site and Services; and
- To otherwise fulfill our contractual obligations under any existing agreement with you.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your contact information, commercial information, third party platform information, demographic information, internet or other electronic activity, geolocation data, and inferences to:
- Inform you of our new products, services, offers, and other information from and about Shop The Scenes;
- Administer sweepstakes, contests and other promotions; and
- Provide you with targeted advertising, including displaying online advertising and marketing information based on your use of the Site and Services and third party websites services and platforms that you have visited.
- Maintenance and Improvement of the Site and Services: We use your contact information, feedback and reviews, commercial information, and internet activity and browsing history to:
- Manage, analyze, and improve the Site and Services and use thereof, including by monitoring, modifying, and/or enhancing the Site and Services and the functionality and performance thereof, making changes/updates to features of the Site, Services and technical and security notices, and/or by asking you to participate in a survey relating your use of the Site and Services;
- Provide you with information about the Products and/or Services you have purchased or indicated interest in;
- Handle and/or respond your customer service requests, questions, complaints, and feedback you provide;
- Help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer the Site and Services; and
- Analyze and make inferences based on preferences, trends, data, and statistics in relation to the use of the Site and Services and the maintenance and improvement thereof.
- Legal Rights and Obligations; Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, geolocation data, internet activity, browsing history, and inferences to:
- Comply with our regulatory and legal obligations or to enforce our legal rights, including reporting data breaches or unauthorized access to the Site or Services;
- Enforce the Terms of Service and any Additional Terms; and
- Ensure the safety and security of the Site, Services, and our users, and to prevent fraud, abuse, and misconduct on and/or unauthorized use of or access to the Site and Services.
- Sources of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- Information directly from you. We collect Personal Information from you directly in order to access and use certain features, content or functions of the Services, including, for example, purchasing Products, or if you elect participate in optional Site-features or Services, such as your name, email address, mailing address, gender, interests and phone number.
- Information about you from third parties. We collect your Personal Information from third parties, such as publicly available databases and Third Party Platforms, advertising companies, and our service providers.
- We collect information from you passively. We collect internet or other electronic activity passively using tools like browser cookies. This activity is further described in the Cookies and Advertising and Online Tracking sections below.
- Categories of Third Parties We Share Personal Information With
From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses whom we believe trustworthy and who have privacy practices that are consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, order processing and fulfillment, fraud prevention, customer service, data security, storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf.
We may share Personal Information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with our Company.
If we sell, merge, or otherwise transfer part or the whole of our business or assets to another person or entity (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), any information collected through the Site and Services, including Personal Information, may be among the items sold or transferred.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property, or rights of our company or of any third-party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
We use Google Analytics on the Site and Services to analyze how users use the Site and Services and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- Advertising and Online Tracking
- Managing Your Information Preferences
We maintain data retention period for Personal Information based on our analysis of how long the specific data is reasonably required for legal or business purposes. Anonymized data may be used and/or stored indefinitely without further notice to you.
- Be Careful When You Share Information with Others
Please be aware that whenever you share information on any public area of the Site or Services, that information may be accessed by others. In addition, please remember that when you share information in any other communications with third parties, that information may be passed along or made public by others. This means that anyone with access to such information can potentially use it for any purpose, including sending unsolicited communications.
We maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information we maintain against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, use, loss, or destruction. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site or Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site or Services, and you do so at your own risk.
Our Site and Services may contain links to Third Party Services or allow others to send you such links. A link to a Third Party Services’ website does not mean that we endorse it or that we are affiliated with it. If you follow a link to any Third Party Service, please note that you are subject to their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or processing of your Personal Information. You access such Third Party Services, including any content thereon, at your own risk.
- Children’s Privacy
The Site and Services are intended for users who are 16 years old or older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 16, we will delete such information from our records.
- Processing in the United States
Please be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store all information in the United States. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using the Site or Services, you are agreeing that any collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
- Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at email@example.com.